Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Delay to Delete Files

• Please log in to reply

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
I am using XP Pro, and whenever I delete any files (via Right-Click -> Delete), the screen goes black for about a second and then comes up with the "Are you sure you wanna send blah blah blah....."

My video card and monitor drivers are up to date and I still have the same problem no matter what the refresh rate is...

Any ideas? :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
About the only thing that makes sense is that whatever DLL the dialogue box is hidding in corrupted. Let's try an experiement before we do anything..

Right click the RECYLE BIN, choose PROPERTIES, then uncheck DISPLAY CONFIRMATION dialogue.

Does your screen still blink when you delete a file?

UV_Power

UV_Power

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Nope. That fixed it. :tazz:
I kinda like that confirmation box, but it's very easy to just go into the recycle bin and hit 'Restore' if I need to.

BTW, is there a fix for this? Like replacing the DLL file or something?

Edited by UV_Power, 27 September 2005 - 03:20 PM.