Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[u][b]Is my choice of printer OK...?[/b][/u]

• Please log in to reply

sunandoghosh

sunandoghosh

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Is my choice of printer OK...????

Dear friends,

I am thinking of buying HP PSC 1315 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier.

http://h50025.www5.h...706_Q5765A.html

Do u people think that my choice above considering following factors is correct or does there exist a better alternative...??

1. I need a good scanner (to scan books/pages/large documents) (scanning is most important feature i am looking for)

2. I need a printer for taking colour pages for my project work for few days only.

3. I want it to be of decent size so that i can carry it. (for example, laser printers are too tough to carry from one place to another due to bulky size)

4. Fax is NOT necessary as such.

5. Budget is maximum rs 4000 +/- rs 1000/1500

Please suggest whether in the light of my requirements stated above, I have made the perfect/best choice or there exists any better alternative or options considering budget and everything else...???????????

Also if u want to add anything or suggest anything, please feel free to do so.

Thanks and best regards

Sunando

[email address removed]

p.s. ur comments and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Edited by Samm, 25 September 2005 - 05:54 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I'm a photography enthusiast and I print my own pictures with a inkjet printer, and scan old photographs as well. I have a separate photo printer and scanner (both Epson) because highest quality is most important and i don't need to carry them about so size is not an issue. An 'all-in-one' will not give as good results as top-quality separate devices, and you say that scanning is the most important part for you, but you have to be able to carry from place to place, so two separate machines would be a problem. Therefore, I think in your case an all-in-one makes perfect sense, and HP makes high-quality equipment. I don't think you will be disappointed. Buy it!

sunandoghosh

sunandoghosh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
hi thanks for those tips...its apprecaited...

anyone willing to add anything else ...????????