Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HTML validation and line span error

• Please log in to reply

lymeinfo

lymeinfo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I ran CSE HTML Validator lite. I received a lot of the following message:

"This line contains part of a quoted string that spans more than one line (not recommended) or a quoted string (like an attribute value) that is missing the start or end quotation mark. Check this line for improperly quoted attribute values that may be missing a start or end quotation mark. As currently configured, HTML Validator requires that all quoted strings be contained on one line and have start and end quotation marks. Note that because of inconsistent handling by user agents, it is not recommended that attribute values contain line breaks."

There aren't any quotations missing. This error applies to my meta keyword, description, etc. I use pico (and sometimes vi). It automatically starts a new line when there are spaces and the line is too long to fit on the screen.

Is this error message something I should be concerned about? If so, any tips for fixing this validator error?

Thanks!

Advertisements