Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet won't work

• Please log in to reply

chirp

chirp

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
Hey could someone please ttry to help me, my internet doesnt work when i do ipconfig/all it shows i have an ip address but when i try to ...ping www.google.com it says unknown host... thanks!

Regards,
Chirp

Edited by chirp, 25 September 2005 - 11:22 AM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Tell us more, alot more. That isn't nearly enough information to troubleshoot your problem. What kind of setup do you have, who is your ISP, have you made any changes lately etc.,etc.

chirp

chirp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
hey thxs... it is a dsl hookup it goes through a router then through a swichboard (the computer works right beside it) this computer i am on has a printer and every printer in the network can print on it but for some reason i can not go on the internet, btw this computer is a windows 98 se

DaGeekz

DaGeekz

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I can try to help, I have these problems sometimes.
Do you have a broadband modem?

chirp

chirp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
thxs....it's not a fault with the modem becuase all the other computers work perfectly fine