Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Belkin Wireless Router - New Problem

• Please log in to reply

franklymrshankly

franklymrshankly

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey Guys

Thanks to your advice last time I got my wireless network up and running.

However, my wireless network card seems to have dissappeared from my computer now and my PC simply doesn't recognise it. Ive tried pulling it out and putting it back in my network slot, but this does nothing.

Is it a terminal problem, do I need to send it back?

Please help

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I suggest you try putting the network word in another PCI slot (the white ones) and then reboot your computer and see if Windows automatically recognizes it. If it doesn't, then go to the CONTROL PANEL and double-click on ADD NEW HARDWARE, then let windows automatically look for your network card and see if it finds it. If it doesn't, check the DEVICE MANAGER (Right click MY COMPUTER, click on PROPERTIES, then click on the HARDWARE tab and clck on DEVICE MANAGER) Are there any yellow question marks? If there aren't any, is your wireless card listed under NETWORK ADAPTORS?

Fenor

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Yeah, before you go pulling cards, look at your Device Manager and see what is listed under your Network Adaptors, and how Windows sees them [Working properly or not]

By chance did you install/update anything recently?