Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with comp. once i installed ram

• Please log in to reply

chuunarusamurai

chuunarusamurai

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
It was working perfectly fine, but when i attempted to add 2; 256 mb ram, the computer would turn on but the monitor didn't, so i checked if the monitor broke or something and it didn't it was okay so i figured it was the computer do u guys have ne solutions thnx!

Advertisements

chuunarusamurai

chuunarusamurai

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
neone no the problem? if u guys dont just tell me

cjh1221

cjh1221

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
first off it's not usually a good idea to reply to your own topic. Just slows down the chances that a staffer will get to it. They usually look for the topics that no one is helping in. If there are replys, chances are someone is already working on your issue. Second, who made your computer and who made your RAM? There have been instances of hardware conflicts or problems when running different "brands" (for lack of a better term). Once I know that there is a chance I could figure out the problem for ya. :tazz:

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

As cjh1221 said, we need to know the system specs & ram specs - in particular the make & model of motherboard & the new & old ram specs.

When you installed the new ram, did you add it to the existing ram or replace it entirely?

Did you get any beeps when you powered the system on?

Also, if you remove the new ram & just use the old stuff, does the system still work? If so, download & run everest :
http://majorgeeks.co...tion_d4181.html

This will give you the motherboard info & memory specs that I asked for, in case you don't already know them.

boob

boob

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Also check to see if the RAM is pushed in all the way or not. The RAM speeds must also match up alot of times. The specs of the exact type of RAM you will need can either be found in the motherboard book if you have one, or on the motherboard manufacturers web site.