Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error message : the system is not suitable for run

• Please log in to reply

breathofheaven

breathofheaven

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:) ok here it is . i have a compaq presario windows 98 {upgraded to xp}
after it crashed i took it to get it fixed and he said he could put xp on it while he was at it {198.00 for xp} i said sure. didn't have problems untill about 1 1/2 yrs later.shut down ,errors ect. until finally it wauld shut down all the time. tried to restore it and it would freeze at 90% complee.. never would go any where. took it to best buy and he said i should not have that xp version on my computer that it was a package deal for new computors? also i did not have enough memory or ram to run it .the guy who sold me the xp had went out odf business not long after i took it to him :tazz: bust buy said they could add all that but it would be like buying a new one so i got a e machine. i was going to whip my old one clean and let my children have it . well now it says that any disk i put in is not supported here is the messagr

16bit windows subsystem

c:\ windows\system32\autoexec.nt.

the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows application
choose 'close' to terminate the application

it has close and ignore and when i click ignore nothing happens .

can anyone help me? i would realy love to let my kids have it for there playing. :

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
The fact that it is freezing is because the power supply is going bad. Have the power supply tested at a local computer store, or use a power supply borrowed from a friend or another computer if it's available to save you the money on getting it tested.

As for Best Buy, the people in the 'Geek Squad' are complete and utter idiots. No matter the problem, they always say you should get a new computer, hence why the repair costs are ridiculously high. I mean they charge almost $200 to network two computers together, not including the price of hardware and cables. They are a joke and I would suggest that nobody go to them ever.