Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet/Firefox Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

KillEmAll83

KillEmAll83

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I've been experiencing some problems ever since I got another computer and went onto a home LAN. They are connected through a Linksys router. No matter what I do, Firefox and Internet Explorer can't connect to certain sites. Torrent sites, ebaumsworld... you know, the good stuff. :)

Is there anything I can do that will allow me to access these sites? :tazz:

EDIT: I'm also noticing that sometimes in the status bar it's trying to load advertisements and can't. Maybe that's what's messing it up? But I never had any trouble with my other computer when it wasn't on a router. :)

Edited by KillEmAll83, 25 September 2005 - 05:23 PM.

Advertisements

crazyguitarchik

crazyguitarchik

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi,

If you want to access sites that download or contact torrent sites or any p2p sites, you may need to check that your router has the UnUp setting enabled. It should be in your router settings somewhere. Also, have you tried restoring your router settings to default if you have changed them in the past?

KillEmAll83

KillEmAll83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I enabled the UPnP but I am still not able to get onto the aforementioned sites. Woah, that's a big word. :tazz:

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

This thread is being closed. We do not allow discussion of P2P/file sharing programs on the site or your inability to connect to them, due to various reasons.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

Murray