Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD-RW problem

• Please log in to reply

taxicab

taxicab

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
I have been backing up my data successfully on 2 CD-RW discs for 18 months(The second one just in case the first one fails). They are two different brands of cd's and the back up is only about 300mb. Just recently I noticed that when I reopen a file on the cd to check that it has successfully done the job, and come back to that folder the icon for that file has disappeared. If I go to the control panel and in folder options click on show hidden files and then go back to the folder on the cd, bingo there it is as a hidden file. I do not have this problem with a CD-R disc.
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone out there can enlighten me as to how I can fix this problem??? Thanks.

Advertisements

DaGeekz

DaGeekz

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
It could just be the Brand of CD-RW you are using, try using a different one.
Also, Check you settings on your Burning software for anything that could do it

I hope i Helped