Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help!

• Please log in to reply

GUITKRAZY

GUITKRAZY

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Everytime I start my workstation up it loads into windows and while it is loading this Err Msg comes up A Fatal Exception OE has occurred at 0028:C000B0C4 in VXDVMM after I press a key to escape the message my machine locks up- I can' t get to the run section to edit the registry- but there is definately a conflict with one of the programs. Can anyone tell me how to painlessly resolve this issue? any help will be greatly appreciated! <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome GUITKRAZY <_<

Are you able to boot into safe mode? (To enter safe mode tap the F8 key while the computer is starting. Select Safe Mode from the menu.) If so, disable startup items using msconfig (Start -> Run, type msconfig).

How to Troubleshoot Using the Msconfig Utility with Windows 98:
http://support.micro...kb;en-us;281965

If not able to boot in safemode, create a bootdisk http://www.bootdisk.com. Start your computer with this disk in the floppy drive and at the command prompt type c:\windows\command\scanreg /restore. Select a date before the problem began.

GUITKRAZY

GUITKRAZY

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks! That did the trick- Everything seems to be running fine now <_<