Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty Menu Problum

• Please log in to reply

D2L Dox

D2L Dox

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i dont no what the problum is i will try reinstalling, but when i load up single player of multui player i get the back ground (the image and the words call of duty) but then no menu i can hover my mouse over it and i hear noises i can clik on it it taskes me to a different screen, but when wver i try to play i get an error message that i cant read i have a Radeon 9200 SE AGP (0x5946) Internal DAC (400Mhz) 128.0MB i have Intel® Celeron® CPU 2.80Ghz 2576MB RAM and DirectX 9.0

Also when i down load the driver from the ATI website, i get a black small screen with this _ but white just jumping around the black screenn i really dont no waht it is. thanks.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello D2L Dox and welcome to GeeksToGo!

Uninstall the game, restart and then install the game again.
Close all backgrounds tasks.
Update your hardware drivers.
Set your desktop to a resolution of 800x600, 32 bit True Color and see if it helps.

!TerminatoR!

!TerminatoR!

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have the same probram plzz help me :tazz::(:):(:)(

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
also when you reinstall the game make sure you apply the patchesl

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
updateing your video drivers and the gart driver (driver for the agp, available either from the manufacture or your system, chipset maker, or system board company).

Venum_53

Venum_53

• Pip
  • 5 posts
When I get into single player and try to start a game it has this error that says "Unknown effect type 'bullet_small_normal' in first column of file 'fx/long_range_iw_impacts.csv' " And i have no idea wat that means. Oh yea, this is the exspansion of Call of Duty. So could you give me some advice?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
in the future please start your own topic. your question as nothing to do with the original thread. I will go ahead an responde since the original poster has not.

have you downloaded any custom maps or to servers that have a customized client? I would remove any downloaded pk3 files and see what happens. either own of them has corrupted or has custom mods that don't work with the current config any longer.