Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infected XP pro

• Please log in to reply

catalytic

catalytic

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: I have been trying the Malware removal steps. I have run all the programs, yet I can't do the online scans as I don't seem to have to activex controls needed yet mozilla and ie wont let me download.. I'm not sure if this is due to my dial up connection.

Anyway I am running Zone Alarm Pro, Norton Internet Security and the purchased version of ewido as well as the TrojanHunter. They all seem to be working yet everytime I do a scan I have new viruses. I have taken all the steps listed and I have all the logs saved. I don't know what the exact problem is but I'm hoping this doesn't mean another windows re-install.

I seem to have difficulty opening web pages as I said I'm not sure if that is due to my internet connection or not. I scan at least once a day some times several. Hope someone can help. Will provide more information as requested.

Posted this yesterday but am yet to recieve a reply, I can't see this post in the forum..
HELP!! I can't get rid of certain spyware and viruses.

Edited by catalytic, 27 September 2005 - 04:46 AM.

Advertisements