Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

firefox vs opera

• Please log in to reply

kshl_m

kshl_m

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i want to know among the two----firefox& opera---- which is the better one
in all respects-speed,security,user freindliness............................etc.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Well I guess this is my opinion, FireFox Rocks!!!!. Its got lots of cool plugins, it prevent popups. It just great it really really simple to use. If i had to say Firefox or Opera, It would defintly have to be FireFox. I am looking forward to seeing other peoples opinions. :tazz:

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
It is all personal opinion. I like Firefox best, though even it has problems (like dumping bookmarks). I have tried Mozilla, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and IE. I have settled on Firefox and IE.

Sohail_Gagai

Sohail_Gagai

• Pip
  • 3 posts
well i am using bot fire fox and opera , fire fox is good in plug ins and stuff , but it has loads of bugs and the main is taking soo much resources and very slow in starting , where is opera is fast .... but dont have much features in it ...
bye
ManyThanks...Cheers!!!!!!!
Sohail Gagai
[email protected]

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Opera because of the Speakers.

bazcor

bazcor

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I like both Fire Fox and opera, and I am sure that Internet Explorer seven with its new tabbed browser option will be nice as well. My favourite at the moment is opera mainly because I like the way it opens with the same appearance as when it was last closed.

Tensaei

Tensaei

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Mozzila FireFox.
Works great and you can tweak it.
(Forget where I found the tweaks though)
Opera's interface didn't really please me.

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
wheres a popup blocker plugin for firefox i dont kno which is best i just use firefox and it's ace.

chessonly

chessonly

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

speed,security,user freindliness

man in all these criterias Opera wins hands down.
Speed : the only one which runs on win95
Security : secunia.com - 0 unpatched as always
user friendliness : equal with ff i wld say. Though it does have the advantage of never needing extentions and still having many many features(yes it does).

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
I think opera is great. its fast, stable and blocks all popups, some still sneak through firefox every now and then. but I love tweaking firefox and the extensions are amazing so they're equally matched really.