Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CMOS Battery Low

• Please log in to reply

kyliepak

kyliepak

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
:tazz:

I am having trouble. i have some knowlegde but very little knowledge.

When we turn on pc all goes fine, then it says CMOS battery Low Run Setup Utilities

wen i go in here i see that the c drive is missing and other settings are wrong wen i have changed and save and exit nothing happens, and it goes back to weong settings.

Its windows 98

any other info please ask and i will find out as puter not here with me.

thanks i hope
kyliepak :)

Edited by kyliepak, 26 September 2005 - 05:35 AM.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
To fix this problem you have to replace the CMOS battery, you can do this by looking on your mother board, you should see a battery. Make sure all power is off and remove the battery, replace it with a new one (You will probaly have to buy a new one) this should work, although your BIOS setting will be reset to default but everything should work proparly after that. Good Luck :tazz:

kyliepak

kyliepak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
thanx i will try that

kyliepak