Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Word XP Crashes When Saving or Printing

• Please log in to reply

gerry_frew

gerry_frew

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I have a problem where each time I try to save or print a file created or edited in Word XP, the instance of Word crashes with "Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the incovenience" and the usual "send error report" message. The exception data in the error report is as follows:

Exception Information
Code: 0x00000ba4 Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x00000000c0000005 Address: 0x0000000000000000

I've tried removing and reinstalling Office XP (it's on SP3) but it didn't make any difference. I have had a spot of bother recently with the PSGuard malware but I think as far as I know that I have resolved it. All the spyware and virus checkers I have run (Adaware, Spybot, Mcafee, Panda on-line) have all come up clean so I don't *think* that's the problem. I don't want to have to reinstall the OS so any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am running XP with SP2 on a Dell 4600 Dimension with 512MB RAM and a 2.66GHz CPU.

Regards, Gerry

Advertisements

gerry_frew

gerry_frew

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Fixed - removed McAfee Virusguard and replaced with AVG. I don't know why or what was wrong with McAfee but AVG takes up a lot less resources so I'm quite happy. :tazz: