Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't burn CDs

• Please log in to reply

jkpj13

jkpj13

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I have an eMachines T2824 that's under a year old. It has a 2.53GHz Intel Celeron processor, 40GB hard drive, 256MB of RAM, and a 48x CD-RW/DVD combo drive. Here's my problem:

I can't burn CDs. CD-Rs or CD-RWs. If I try to burn CD-Rs here's what happens:
It burns the files perfectly fine, but when it gets almost done finishing the disc, it sits for about five minutes and then says "An error occurred".

It won't erase CD-RWs. What is wrong and what can I do? It started about 2 months after I got the computer.
-John

Advertisements

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey,

try changing the buring speed on the program you use!

they may be why you are having the problem.

jkpj13

jkpj13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I tried burning at every speed possible. No luck. I use the Windows XP CD burning software.

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
have you tried buring from different programs. does your cd burner burn cds with files on them. or applications?

if this isnt working you may have a defected burner.

have you ever succesfully burned with your laptop?

jkpj13

jkpj13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
It's not a laptop, and I've tried iTunes and Windows Media Player too and they did the same thing. It's never worked quite right since I got the computer. I guess I wouldn't be surprised it it was defective. The computer was only $399

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Go to the eMachines website and see if they might have a patch for cd burning for your system. For some reason this is a difficult thing for some systems. Also maybe the Windows website.

jkpj13

jkpj13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I reinstalled the drivers and it seems to be working. I had to burn at 4x, though.
-John

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Just to let you know a good cd burning software program that i use is calledcd burner xp 3.

You can download it off www.freewarefiles.com

Does anyone have nero? :tazz: