Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PCI cards

• Please log in to reply

Stormy

Stormy

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
i need a geekkkkkk lol....how can we tell if an ethernet card is good or not? or if the pci slot is good or not?? A pc running windows 98 has 2 open pci slots and an ethernet card with no history has been placed in it. It does not show in network neighborhood. Is this the card or the slot?

Advertisements

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
ok, first, do you have it hooked up to a network already? and if so, has it been assigned an IP, if not, then well, nto much you can do, and Network neigbotrhood is soposed ot show the other omcputers on the newwork, not the network card, get back to me on that

Stormy

Stormy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Ok right now i have 2 pc's hooked up to a linksys router...my sister has one here she occasionally plays on and its dial out. Well we wanted to add hers to the router, so she found , what we think to be a ethernet card, and put it in. But nothing happened on reboot and it only shows tci/ip dial up adapters in the network neighborhood window not the ethernet. she is running win 98.