Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Headphone Volume Low

• Please log in to reply

Sephiroth1986

Sephiroth1986

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I want to use my headphones to listen to music and Games on my PC but the sound i get is to low. I have set the Master and Wave volume bars to the Top and i have the Speaker settings to "Stero Headphones". I also have looked up the net and tryed to find a "Volume Booster" with no success and i dont want to use the speakers because of family watching the TV with the two sounds clashing Can sumone please help??

Cheers

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
where are your headphones plugged in?

Sephiroth1986

Sephiroth1986

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
At the back where i plug my speakers. There is no where to plug it at the front only into my CD Drive which wont help lol.

Cheers

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i was making sure that you didn't have it plugged into the cd rom..

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do your microphone's have a volume control on them? also have you tried updating the driver for your soundcard? sounds like you have an onboard card..you may need to update the whole chipset to get the driver for the audio

Sephiroth1986

Sephiroth1986

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
You know when i come to think of it the driver for the sound card is a bit doddgy i think i downloaded a Driver ID and it ID'd the driver as a "Intel® 97 Audio Controller" which i thought was a bit odd but installed it anyway. how do i find out if that is the real driver?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you could see if there is a inf update for your chipset