Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Scans to RTF.....boxes (Help Me Out!)

• Please log in to reply

Twiztnin223

Twiztnin223

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hello:)

I don't know if this question seems funny to you or not,but here it goes:

My office recently bought a scanner that when we scan documents into Word format it converts them to RTF files which makes boxes that we absolutely HATE.

Is there any way to fix it or convert it so we won't get those boxes and will keep the text where it was originally positioned?

Thanks a bunch! :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
depends on what ocr program you are using. you might be able to adjust some of the options within the program.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You might check with the scanner maker's website to see if they have other twain sources that work with that scanner. The software supplied with the equipment is often simple and lacking in options.

Twiztnin223

Twiztnin223

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
The scanner is an HP scanjet 5590. I have never delt with a scanner that had editing capabilities so this is a little new to me.

Twiztnin223

Twiztnin223

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
The only other option I have found was to save the scanned document in wordpad and change it to Word Document. This removes all the formatting that I have to redo. Fine for 1-10 page documents, but doesn't save much time with an 80 page.

I don't understand TWAIN, please explain:)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Question: What is TWAIN an acronym for?

Answer: An image capture API for Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh operating systems. The standard was first released in 1992, and is currently ratified at version 1.9 as of January 2000. TWAIN is typically used as an interface between image processing software and a scanner or digital camera.

I assume that you are using the version of paperport that came with your scanner. if you were to see if there was an upgrade available http://www.scansoft.com/paperport/ It would probably benifit you to do an upgrade.