Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lsass error

• Please log in to reply

shaz

shaz

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
i keep getting an lssas.exe error..it shuts down my pc while serfing the net.. i have tried numerous malware and antivirus programs but nothing is helping, anyone got any suggestion??

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi shaz...Welcome to G2G!

Please try the G2G Malware Forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the START HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1

shaz

shaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
i have done all that...been here b4 for same problem....need some other advice pls

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi shaz...

Try performing a System Restore to a time before you started noticing the problem.

If you have your XP installations cd, you can REPAIR to your installation of XP. This procedure will not damage or change your current files or settings...it will just repair or replace damaged system files. You will be asked for your Installation CD and may be asked for your product key. Follow the instructions carefully...print them out if you can. Note: This option is not always available on OEM Recovery Cd's

If you are unable to complete a System Restore, or the Repair procedure does not resolve the problem, have a look at this Microsoft Article.

wannabe1