Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photoshop 5.0 and Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

Clydach

Clydach

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: I have Windows XP and a Sony Viao computer. For 3 years I have used Photoshop 5.0 almost on a daily basis. Recently it stopped working. I could only get an Adobe Photoshop window with just a blank screen and a message saying that the program was not responding.

Tried everything I could think of and then decided to uninstall and reinstall and it will not reinstall. I get the button to click Install Photoshop 5.0 but nothing happens.

The software must be OK because I loaded it on our other older computer (with Windows 2000) last night and it installed just fine. BUT the scanner, printer, Web cam are hooked up to newer Windows XP computer. I also download my digital camera images to this computer.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
First, start the install and leave.

Windows has issues with older versions of InstallShield and sometimes it will eventually start up if you just leave it long enough---if you try to start it more than once, you end up with multiple instances of setup, and then nothing works.

Literally, start it, take a walk or go to bed, watch a tv show, come back in several hours.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hey Clydach,

Welcome to Geeks To Go, my name is Tony.

If you wanted to you can also download the lastest version of Photoshop fromHere

Edited by Tony, 27 September 2005 - 01:03 AM.