Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse troubles

• Please log in to reply

cch3mm

cch3mm

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Okay, for some odd reason my mouse "jumps" on it's own. It very rarely happens when i'm surfing the net and such. But when I put on a full screen game such as CounterStrike it starts to jump. So therefore I get called a hacker because of the my mouse is acting. Ussually it happens when I hold down the shitft key, but it does happen all the time when I'm not holding it down.

I use my old mouse and everything works perfect so it's sompin up with this mouse.

Advertisements

phua zheng hao

phua zheng hao

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
some mouse like logitech require driver to works better performance. try find the driver for your mouse , install it and try it out. if still the things still wont work fine, i suggest u change another mouse. Different mouse have different dpi or sensitivity.

p.s is your old mouse a ball mouse or an optical mouse? if its a ball mouse and your new one is optical mouse, try use a mouse pad.

cch3mm

cch3mm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Both are ball mice.

Still can't figure out the problem. :'(

boob

boob

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Ball mice often move on the screen by themselves after dirt and such has built up on the rollers, I heard that can cause it anyways. I'm not sure how though but it may be something worth looking at.

Edited by boob, 27 September 2005 - 08:04 PM.

Antartic-Boy

Antartic-Boy

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,120 posts
Well, u can try to open the ball and clean up the rollers with some cotton and alcohol..

If this doesn't help it may be inside damage which cannot be repaired..

P.S. Buy a new optical mouse.. :tazz:

Edited by Antartic-Boy, 12 October 2005 - 09:56 AM.