Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No Audio

• Please log in to reply

-fx7-

-fx7-

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
When i tried to change my audio i got this message;

'Volume Control'
There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware.

I try and do this but it is unsuccessful.
Under Device Manager i have a new tab that has a question mark icon named 'Other devices' and the device under it 'Multimedia Audio Controller' which also has a question mark for an icon except with a exclamation mark on it.

I re-installed my Drivers and Bios file from this page which solved the problem before.

Any help would be lovely.

Advertisements

bradpat

bradpat

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Don't know if this will help..RU using XP? I had a similar problem as you.All I had to do was click "disable device" then windows will ask to comfirm.Click yes then click the "enable device". Exclamation marks should be gone,worked for me.

-fx7-

-fx7-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I Found It! I hope.....
I downloaded AC 97 Drivers from this site.
However, i would like info on how something like this could happen.
And technically what i did... :\
Hopefully it doesnt screw up when i re-boot.

BTW this is an AOpen AX4B-533 Tube Motherboard so i wouldnt suggest others downloading what i did unless they have the same. I have no idea of compatability with other Motherboards :\

Laters...