Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hard drive install

• Please log in to reply

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If you're just concerned with getting all the space just use the software that came with the disk to install a partition on the remainder and format it.

You're really in a catch 22 situation, You can't install sp2 to see the whole drive until after you've installed the OS, which can't see it. So if you want the whole drive you have to use the provided software to do it before you put the OS on and then download SP2.

Advertisements

titan7342

titan7342

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Guys I want to first thank you for all your help it was greatly appreciated. 2nd I wanted to let you guys know how much of an idiot I was really being because I found a way of solving this problem so quick if only I would have thought for a few minutes. What I did was take the hard drive for my new system and put it into my old system that is currently running SP2 then I just went into disk manager created a full partition and replaced the new drive into my new CPU.