Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

lockx.exe from AOL IM

• Please log in to reply

Nicole54

Nicole54

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:) I seem to have the same problem with lockx.exe from AOL IM. I did a virus scan and a spyware scan and found nothing but when I started up my computer again I saw a lockx.exe message. I've read replies on how to fix the problem, but I don't know what hijackthis is.. :tazz: can someone please help?

Advertisements

Nicole54

Nicole54

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I think I got rid of the problem :) I downloaded hijack this and clicked on the first box (I forgot what it was) I located something with the lockx.exe in its name, clicked it and then clicked to remove it. I restarted my computer and it seemed to be gone. :) I just hope I did it right :tazz:

Nicole54

Nicole54

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just hope that hijack this(which I still have no idea is) got rid of the lockx.exe files because I don't want to have to crash my computer to know it's gone for good.