Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

systen going to sleep

• Please log in to reply

iam2trickey

iam2trickey

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
hi all

my problem is my pc will shut down and restart for no reason.
here are some details. 1 today i was on watching some highlight from comcasts the fan. after watching news articles it shut down and restarted. 2 i went into my antivirus and it shutdown and restarted. 3 i went and did a scan with ad-aware got into the scan and the pc shutdown before the scan was done. 4 so i went and did a virus scan get 6 minutes into that and the same thing shut down and restarted. this all took place with in 45 minutes when this happens the screen goes black and a little white box come up and says going to sleep. when the pc reboots when th edesktop comes up the is th e windows music the right after that there are 6or 7 beeps that you can also hear.i also went into power options it is set as engery star with the 4 options in the pull downs set as never . thanks for all your help in the past and with this little problem

rick

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
got a couple things for you to do

In safe mode:

Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART

Now reboot. This will result in the BSOD error...report the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

also check your system temps in bios

and try this http://www.memtest86.com/ test one stick of ram at a time