Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unreal Tournament 04 online

• Please log in to reply

callard

callard

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi,

This maybe a very stupid question but I really would like to know. Well my question is, is do you have to pay any sort of fee to be able to play Unreal Tournament 2004 online?

Now I've never played it so I don't know anything about it or any other Unreal Tournaments before UT2004. I think it is just an online game, but like I say I havn't played it before so I really don't no.

If anyone could tell me more about the game and what its about and if there is a story mode (in other word not online mode) to it, that would be brill.

Thanks to everyone who can help :tazz:

Edited by callard, 27 September 2005 - 10:25 AM.

Advertisements

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
NOPE.

virtually all online pc games are free to play

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
once you buy the game, online play is free. the only online games that make you pay are role playing games like everquest.

Rockett

Rockett

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
You can host your own server, buy servers, or just play in others servers. If you haven't ever played the game, there is a demo of it that allows multiplayer gaming (one map, but still fun). You will have to copy and paste the link because of BBcode.

http://download.nvid...os/UT2004_Demo_[2004-02-10_03.01].exe

Hope that helps. If you're interested in learning the game, I will host a "Training" session for you to teach you the controls. Just add me on MSN and we can set it up.

Rockett

P.S.--Yes there is a single player mode in the full version, and it's very tough (depending on how you set the AI...Yes, it's adjustable just for noobies) It's a "Tournament" ladder, which gets consistently harder (I haven't played a whole lot of the single player...But it's neat)

Here are a couple vids I took playing it: The one I made my Avatar out of...
HeadShots and Redeemer action....

And here's a SS of my "Best so far" :tazz:

Posted Image

Edited by Rockett, 28 September 2005 - 08:42 PM.

RandomUser

RandomUser

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I don`t know this sites` policy but if you want I can tell you how to play UT online with no copy, costs you no money, just dl`d a patch a master code and you`r good to go.
In story mode you enter the tournament than qualify for the big league of the UT games, after competing everyone you go against the former champ and you then become the current champ yourself, no real script in UT, just action, some new features(caracters, game modes, etc.)
I finished the game like 20 times, it helps you develope your skills towards the online game which can be real hard.
P.S
I`m currently going through finishing the game in the MASTERFUL level, it`s real hard, my respects to the ones who can finish it in godlike, it`s imposible.
And lets not start talking of the final battle agains Malcolm :tazz: just imposible
P.S2
UT 2007 should be announced on the upcoming E3!

sorry for spelling issues etc. :)

Edited by RandomUser, 29 September 2005 - 12:07 AM.

Rockett

Rockett

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
I would do it the legal way, IP's are logged with serial numbers. :tazz:

Rockett