Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

stupid question

• Please log in to reply

Fay

Fay

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
i just brought a new laptop and i'm trying to get $50 back because i'm broke
anyway
it says i need copies od dated sales receipts or transaction records for qualifying purchases
but i day i got my laptop i didn't get any receipt i just sign off that delivery guy's paper
and what do they mean by transaction records ?
a photocopy of my credit card bill that states the company withdraw money from me? 0_o...

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Did you buy the laptop at a store or online? Are referring to a rebate offered by the company from which it was bought?

When you paid for the laptop you should have received a sales receipt - this is normally what they want a copy of when you send off for a rebate. Some (such as staples and bestbuy) want the UPC off the box, a copy of the sales receipt, and rebate receipt.

If it was online and they offer a rebate, then you should have received a receipt or some sort of transaction number and a rebate number to claim the rebate, I believe.

Fay

Fay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
i bought it online
it's a compaq laptop
but when they delivered it my mom signed it
and she didnt get anything from that guy except the pc...
and i check
i didnt see any transaction number

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Its likely the packing slip attached to the box.

Not sure how compaq does it, but all my dell equipment comes that way.

ScHwErV :tazz:

Fay

Fay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
yes packing slip is one of the paper i have to send
it says along with it i need dated sales receipts or transaction record
they didnt give me any receipt
and what exactly is the transaction record?

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
A transaction record, isn't that a receipt ?.... :tazz:

as Michelle said when you ordered online, you should of recieved some kind of transaction number or reference number.

Which site did you purchase your laptop from...? Do they have a customer service number you can call....??

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
when you ordered the laptop, you would have been taken to an "order confirmation" screen at the end. That is what you should have printed, and will need for your transaction. It may be possible to get another copy via contacting customer service. :tazz:

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Again, I havent purchased from Compaq, but on the dell website, you can log in using the account you created and re-print your reciept/transaction record. You might want to look into that.

ScHwErV :tazz: