Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

w32/sdrbot.worm.gen.bh [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

adensrain

adensrain

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am AOL user and ran the Mcafee antivirus program they provide (detected W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.bh, but "could not delete, clean or quarantine-file was not found")

i read a thread of someone with the same problem, however i dont own hijack this or ewido. call me a noob if you like :tazz: . this worm is slowing down my computer drastically and i have to get rid of it, i ran ad-remover se. and spybot. nothing but mcafee found it and mcafee can't quarantine or delete the file. what should i do?!

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi adensrain and welcome to GeeksToGo!

If you are having malware issues, please got to the following site and follow all the instructions carefully.

You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

this will help you clean up to 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THIS thread.

Thanks,

:tazz:

Excal

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.