Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cd Burner wont copy

• Please log in to reply

snapshot

snapshot

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I am a photographer and have a lot of pictures i work with. I cant put them on CD anymore. It says disc not installed

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

I need a little more info about your problem before I can help. Can you please tell me :

Do you get this error message only when you insert blank CDs (i.e from the CD Burning software) or when you insert any sort of CD (i.e in Windows Explorer or My Computer)?

What CD Burning software do you have installed?

Are you using a different brand or different type of blank CD from the ones you normally use?

snapshot

snapshot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I am using a Cd burner that I installed in my computer a year ago. I havent changed Cds but for some reason it doesnt work anymore. Its a 52x32x52. I cant see a name on the front and done remember what name brand it was. Is there a way I can get that info from my computer

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant the brand & type of actual blank discs you have been using, not the drive itself.

snapshot

snapshot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Your doing great .I thank you a ton. The name of the CDs are, Maxell CD-R 80MH/700MB

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
OK, thanks. Does the drive recognise & read ordinary (i.e. non-blank CDs)?

snapshot

snapshot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
No, it does not.I just tried it.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
OK, let me just confirm the following then so I know exactly what I'm dealing with :

1) The CDROM drive icon appears as normal in My Computer / Windows Explorer

2) When you insert a standard non-blank CD, the CD spins for a few seconds but windows then reports that 'No disk is installed'

I assuming that both the above statements are true, if they are not, let me know.

Also, can you tell me, when you insert a non-blank CD, does the LED on the CDROM drive turn green or amber?

If you go to Start->Run and type devmgmt.msc <OK>.
This will open device manager. Look under the CDROM heading - you should see your CD drive listed there. Let me know if theres a yellow (!) mark next to it.

Did you install or uninstall any programs or windows updates/service packs etc just before this problem started?