Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

address bar?

• Please log in to reply

jerry1967

jerry1967

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
how do i delete addresses that are in the address bar when i click on the arrow at the right?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You can't delete the addresses individually, but you can delete all of them by clearing your history. Go into the CONTROL PANEL, click on INTERNET OPTIONS and under the GENERAL tab you will see a button labeled CLEAR HISTORY. Click on that and click YES to the warning that appears. All the addresses in the address bar are now gone.

Fenor

jerry1967

jerry1967

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
sorry but i didn't work for my computer- i am using sbc yahoo and the address bar of sbc yahoo will not delete that way for some reason.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
then go into TOOLS and then INTERNET OPTIONS inside of your browser that you use when surfing. Click on the clear history there. SBC makes a carbon copy of Internet Explorer when it installs, but should work the same way as IE normally does with any other ISP, except AOL which sucks.

jerry1967

jerry1967

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
that didn't work either and more ideas i should try.

Edited by jerry1967, 27 September 2005 - 08:46 PM.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Try CleanUp!

http://www.geekstogo...tion=show&id=49

Game Freak

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
what web browser are you using? are you using IE, Netscape, Firefox or Opera....

jerry1967

jerry1967

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
i figured out my problem - thanks everybody for your time!!!