Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CDROM Blender

• Please log in to reply

sokerball86

sokerball86

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Just finished putting together my desktop. Put the Windows disc in my Samsung CDROM drive. Starts to spin up, then makes a sound very reminiscent of what you get when you put rocks into a blender and turn it on high. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Is the CD-ROM new or used? Are there any children that play around the computer the CD-ROM used to be in if the CD-ROM is used?

sokerball86

sokerball86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I bought it new. I'm not in a hurry to deal with it since it is formatting and installing through the DVDRW, just wish I knew what the deal was.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I suggest you return it then and get a replacement.

sokerball86

sokerball86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I think I may have to.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
It's not a MAY it's a MUST. If it sucks this bad when it's new it will only have problems later on even if you manage to 'bandage up' this situation and make it work a little quieter for a little while. Not worth it when you can get a replacement. My thinking anyways, but up to you....

Fenor