Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Device manager

• Please log in to reply

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Hello,

I'm trying to install some camera hardware items. The manufacturer keeps saying I should have a driver listed under Image Capture Device listings under Device Manager. I have no Image listing. The drivers show up under Other Devices.

This is not the only time I've seen a suggestion to look for Image device listings. Do I have something set up wrong?

bamakodaker

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
The nearest to that in Device Manager is Imaging Devices - presumably the same thing. If you click on the + it lists the drivers installed. ( mine shows only my printer ).

If you search for Image Capture Device under "Help" you do get instructions how to install Scanners and Cameras.

What exactly are you trying to install?
Did it come with an installation CD?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You're having all kinds of fun getting that thing set up! You might try installing Irfanview from www.irfanview.com and the plug-ins. Plug your camera in, go to File>Select twain source and using twain.dll and twain32.dll in the Windows folder to acquire your images. If that doesn't do it, download the twain source for your camera from the makers website, if you haven't already installed it, and use Irfanview with it.

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
1069 - I do not have any name with Image in it. I'm looking in my System Properties and see no Help button. Were you talking of adding a listing entitled Imaging Devices? Mine window lists - CDROM, Disk Drives, Display adapters, floppy disk controllers, Hard disk controllers, keyboard, monitors, mouse, network adapters, other devices (which is where my driver is listed behind a yellow ?) Ports, Sound, video and game controllers, system devices, and Universal serial bus controller.
Can I actually admit to trying to install X10 camera drives? I've done what X10 says but it's not working yet!

Tyger - Should I go to the site you mentioned or will it cause more problems with the X10 system? I have to get the X10 drivers for the camera and their video to PC adapter
(Please don't kick me out for mentioning the dreaded X10 system! By the way, I think Geeks could earn a good bit more money through X10 advertising and sales if you guys were to take on their customer solutions. They have lots of problems! OK,ok - lots of operator error problems but still folk in need of HELP!)

bamakodaker

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
The "Help" I was refering to was Windows Help - click on My Computer - it is on the toolbar. There are listings under "Image Capturing Devices".

I have Imaging Devices in Device Manager - presumably because I have drivers installed for a printer / scanner.

X10, when you do get the drivers installed, will presumably show up under Imaging Devices as the manufacturer suggests.

If you have attempted to install the drivers and they are not working, can you locate them in Add/Remove and uninstall?

Are you sure that the drivers that you used are the correct ones for your equipment?

Presumably you have been here: http://www.x10.co.uk...e/download.html

Edited by 1069, 30 September 2005 - 04:45 AM.