Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help me! Help me! Help me!

• Please log in to reply

MastrYoda

MastrYoda

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So... sorry for the melodrama, first of all. Alright. I recently bought a new HP 7170 or somethin like that. It has 3.0 Ghz 1.0 GB RAM blah blah blah

Is counterstrike running at .5 seconds lag strange for this type of computer??? (the answer is yes) I believe the problem is with my router, because my latency in-game says about 90. I have a D-Link wireless B I think and am running Telus ADSL internet through it (corded though).

Another option is that my Radeon X300 sucks too bad to play it (which it doesn't).

PLZ HELP CUZ THIS CAUSES ME SO MUCH PAIN AND SUFFERRING WHEN PLAYING ONLINE GAMES!!!!!

Advertisements

Rockett

Rockett

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
There is a "Movie making" software called "Fraps" out there. Please download it and use it (have it active) while playing the game in Single player and Multi player. there will be a little Yellow set of numbers on your screen that changes....make a note of the variance of this number between single and multiplayer and let me know what that is.

Rockett

Oops, Fraps is: LOCATED HERE

Edited by Rockett, 28 September 2005 - 08:30 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
is this counterstrike source or the cs: 1.5?

the x300 is not a recomended gaming card. It definately doens't work with the newer games like FEAR.

inferno_blaze

inferno_blaze

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
i have an x300/x550 and it works ok on the fear demo with setting on a reasonable level but my card works fine on css