Text Editor for Windows and Linux - Free for Personal Use
- Options|Stay On Top: The setting now persists between EditPad sessions. This was disabled in version 5.3.0 because the option confused some people. Now, an information message appears when the option is first chosen to avoid surprises when somebody picks it by accident.
- When starting EditPad minimized, the Reopen menu in the tray icon's right-click menu was not loaded until EditPad is made visible at least once. If the computer was shut down without making EditPad visible, EditPad would lose its history information.
- Word wrap: Toggling word wrap off and on wrapped at the window border, rather than at the previous wrapping position.
- Opening multiple files by right-clicking on them in Windows Explorer while EditPad Pro was not yet running caused an Access Violation on a small number of systems
- The status bar did not scale when Windows is configured to use large fonts.
- The X button to the far right of the tabs was always black when the "silver" Windows XP theme was selected, rather than white when inactive, and black when active, as with the other themes.
- Linux: Block|Outdent did not have a glyph, and Block|Indent used the outdent glyph.
•Windows 95, NT4, 98, 2000, ME and XP.
•The Linux version is available separately here.
Version 5.4.5: Download