Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

After joining domain Corel doesn't launch.

• Please log in to reply

Alopeke

Alopeke

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
We have two systems here. Both were on a workgroup type environment and recently we moved over to a domain system. Ever since then the Corel apps don't launch correctly. They will show the starting splash screen for a split second and disappear. Thinking it was a permission problem I logged in as domain admin and tried to start the application with the same problem. If I log onto the local machine, not the domain, with any user account it starts fine. I tried to reinstall it while logged onto the domain, ran the Corel service pack, and tried the F8 trick and nothing has been able to get this working.

The systems are fairly new. Both sporting 2.8GHz P4 processor with Windows XP Pro and 512MB of ram in each system. But that shouldn't be a factor since it starts fine in the local computer accounts.

This is starting to become a real problem because I and one other guy here have it and its part of our job.

:tazz:

Edited by Alopeke, 28 September 2005 - 08:55 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
try uninstalling it as the local user and reinstalling it under the domain user account,

the guid of the local account and the domain account are different and are probably causing this issue

Alopeke

Alopeke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Tried that. The problem is since under windows 2000 server domain controllers there is no "Power User" group you have to be admin to install it. Once its installed, even under a local user account, I can right click on the EXE and choose Run As and enter the admin username and password and it will start fine. The problem is the IT dept doesn't want to give the web/graphics dept admin rights so we are really up the creek unless we can find a work-around.

So to recap:

Corel has been reinstalled
Domain user accounts can't start corel. The Splash screen starts and disappears.
Domain admins can run Corel
Local accounts can run Corel.
IT doesn't want to give admin rights to the users who need corel.
Local user accounts are planned to be purged in a week

Yea, I just make this more and more difficult. Don't I?
:tazz: