Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD burning problem

• Please log in to reply

CarolS

CarolS

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am reasonably ignorant about this area of activity, so it's eminently possible that I'm doing something quite stupid ! Don't be afraid to tell me so ...

I have a new-to-me PC with XP - and Sonic RecordNow V7 as the bundled CD writer software.
Have just bought an Hitachi Digital voice recorder so that I can record voice and play it on any home CD player as well as on my PC.
Have managed to record voice (it does so in WAV format) on to my PC - but when I try to burn the file on to a CD in what it calls audio, the software won't even open the file ... instead it gives the error message "The file <.....> is not a valid music file."

Am I doing something crass here, or do I need different software/hardware ?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you may need a different software, i'm not sure about sonic but i have always been able to burn wavs (the best way to copy cds to play in your car)... you may try buring it as a data disk and seeing if it plays in the cd player (not your pc player but the regular cd player)

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Try burning them as data files. If that doesn't work try something else. At 50c a pop you can experiment a little.