Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sdat4581 will not delete

• Please log in to reply

Brendan Smiley

Brendan Smiley

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I downloaded sdat4581 from McAfee to try to get their latest updates, since my index has been at 9.6 for weeks and refuses to update through normal requests. When I try to run the sdat I get a message reading "Unable to find any qualifying product(s)." When I try to delete the file from my desktop I get "Error Deleting File or Folder: Cannot delete sdat4581: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again." I shut down McAfee and try to delete again, but I get the same message. There's no info on McAfee's site that instructs how to get rid of these DAT files. Any suggestions would be greeting with applause and cheers.

Advertisements