Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

regedit refresh?

• Please log in to reply

patslaiby

patslaiby

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Dear all,
I am using a batch file to disable some keyboard functions, but in windows NT, i must restart the system in order for this to work, is there a way to apply the effect immediatly without having to restart?
Thank you for the help,

Advertisements

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
I doubt it...usually when a program asks to restart before the affects can take place it is because they apply the affect during reboot (most likely) because the files or folders they need cannot be modified during the computer is turned on! So If I was you I would let it reboot...Does this happen everytime or the one time it is installed? Maybe you should wait for a more explained answer by someelse!

Thats all I can say!

Good Luck

Game Freak

patslaiby

patslaiby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
10x Game Freak for the help,
Well actually i am not installing a new application, i'm rather changing the keyboard layout, when i change anything on my server, the effects are almost immediatly applied to all the NT workstations, so that's why i was wondering if it can be done also to changing keyboard layouts.
Does anyone know any other way to disable a keyboard function using a batch file?would really help.
THX a lot guys