Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where are you come from

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Your complainin about TAX we py 17.5% on everything except the essentials of living, and then the import duties that are ridiculous, you know we pay 40% tax on LCD and plasma televisions and monitors that have a DVI connection.

That Brown peson is a horrible yet ncredibly efficeint man, all that on everything, tax especialy on ntertainment is wrong how dare they tax the great delights of the civilised world.

But i cant complain to much i know get a break from alot of taxes cause i am a student, Become a student everyone that uni card is the greatest thing you will ever own, Discounted everything and no council tax. See if you retire go back and become a student and wreap the tax breaks and discounts(well drink is the big one but other stuff as well, im lovin my 10% discount on books its a bokworms dream. Oh dear i am rambling i think its xause im tired not enoough sleep to much work to sleep.

Advertisements

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
I live in a village called southwater in west sussex, which is in south england.

Its really cold here sometimes and really hot.

Wiered!

But i like it here! :tazz:

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
New Knoxville, Ohio: population 850.

Town motto: "Don't blink, or you'll miss us!"

Home of the Neil Armstrong Airport, The Way International, one stoplight, three churches, a zillion cows, and many cornfields. Our school, grades K-12, is housed in one building featuring a stone inscription on the front: "Religion and Education Safeguard a Nation".

The New Knoxville Telephone Company (NKTelCo) is celebrating their 100th anniversary this year. The company was founded by a group of local businessmen to provide telephone service, and now is our cable tv provider and ISP as well. We have no village mail delivery, just got city water a few years ago, and have no pizza delivery, but we have a state of the art, cutting edge in technology, cable ISP. Priorities, you know!

Johanna

ikaoha

ikaoha

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I'm from New Jersey, USA :tazz:. i was born here, but my parents are from Taiwan.
My chinese sux though :).

in NJ, we have no tax on clothings and stuff, food is 0.006% i think
i'm a student too.^^ so it doesn't really affects me

Edited by ikaoha, 01 October 2005 - 10:14 AM.

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Amsterdam, Holland.

DynamiteN

DynamiteN

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

infaddict , newcastle is my favorite team

I am very happy with this travel around world

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
hehehe....I'm from all over....currently am in Pell City, Alabama....true alabamian too...(is that a word?)

This is how it goes here...born in alabama...moved 3 times throughout alabama within 1st 6 months of my life....

Dad became coporate guy... moved to the following states...I think..

Alabama ( 4 different cities)
Indiana ( 2 different cities)
Kentucky (in an RV for 6 months [not fun])
Michigan
Tennessee
Georgia
Florida

So...yea I lived ALL over...here's what I like to tell people...

Look at a map of the U.S. and put your finger on michigan...
Move your finger straight down in a line and stop in alabama (or flordia if you started in the right place) ...

I've lived in every state you touch, and then some.

Edited by Steamhead, 02 October 2005 - 05:21 PM.

siouxcitysue

siouxcitysue

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sioux City, Iowa (Missouri River town!) I am a medical transcriptionist at a hospital here - 32 years at this job and still going! Have tech support there but not at home! Thanks for this site guys! :tazz:

vballfanatic808

vballfanatic808

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Aloha from Hawaii, United States - island of Oahu (home of Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head)!

Right now we're sighing with relief because 2 hurricanes have fallen apart far offshore instead of hitting us. Hurricane season ends in November.

Cloutz

Cloutz

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
Quebec, Canada :tazz:

Advertisements

Inu-Ya

Inu-Ya

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Quebec, Canada  :tazz:

View Post

North Carolina, United States :)

HenryVI

HenryVI

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Another Texan here. Although around 90% of my family is Cajun :tazz: and my parents are also Cajun :)

Armodeluxe

Armodeluxe

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,744 posts
An Armenian born in Istanbul, Turkey. :tazz:

Currently residing in Hackensack, New Jersey :)

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts

Ok, so technically its part of America, but only Texas and Virginia still have a "legal" right to secede from the USA...  :tazz:

Actually, that isn't entirely true (I am an avid Civil War buff).

Texas does not have the right to secede, any more than any other state does. Which is not to say that Texas, or any other state, can't secede if it has a mind to; after all, 11 states did back in 1861. Many modern Texans have the vague idea - as did most secessionists - that because Texas entered as a former republic, it retained the right to leave the Union if it saw fit. However, no such clause appears in the congressional act authorizing Texas to join the Union. Because it was once independent, because it at one time did secede from the Union, and because its ideology is far different from that of the rest of the US, Texas has always clung to the idea of a guaranteed right of secession as a mark of its specialness and as a source of reassurance in case all else fails.

One privelege Texas does reserve, and a condition that appears in the resolution approving its statehood, is the option to subdivide itself into as many as four states (a total of five). But Texas is more likely to leave the Union again than to fragment its identity and its land.

The four states who use the title "Commonwealth" (Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts,and Virginia) also erroneously believe that that title gives them a Constitutional right to secede. It doesn't. It's a title and nothing more. There is no "legal" precedence for secession for any state.

Anyway, just thought I would stir the pot a bit and toss in some fact about something I am versed in. :)

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Australia!
I live is the city of Brisbane