Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 95 and 98!

• Please log in to reply

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Hey Yal!
I have an HDD which I got of a garage sale and it has windows 98! But there are heaps of drivers and errors to fix! But I dont have a 98 CD :tazz: But I do have 95 CD! Is it worth changing the OS?

Reagrds Game Freak!

Advertisements

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
PS: I cant run HJT or any other tool because it keeps asking for OS CD!! Well till a certain point then I turned off the computer.....

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Sometimes the installation files are on the hard disk. They might be in a folder called win98 in C:, or in windows\options\cabs. If so all you have to do is browse to that folder during installations. If someone lets you borrow a win98 disk just copy the entire win98 folder to C: for a back up.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
okay!

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
It wont let me choose! It says please insert Windows 98 CD!

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

It wont let me choose! It says please insert Windows 98 CD!

View Post

If you have the files, when it says insert disk, click OK and follow the procedure. It will give you the browse option when it can't find the disk.

Don't be afraid to experiment a little.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Okay I got through all that and Im at the desktop I need to cofigure the internet connection thats about it! Thanks! I will post a HJT Log soon!