Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error No paging file - too small

• Please log in to reply

richclan

richclan

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
I performed a disc copy and was testing the new HD and i receive this error on the new drive. it was copied with data lifeguard tools running under windows and also from dos boot disk.
I cant get into the op sys [win 2000. NTFS]. Not even in safe mode. I click ok and it takes me to the network log-on then back to error msg.
This is going to be my back up disk so if there is a better tool [FREE] to use to do a disk copy let me know and I'll try it
thanks

Edited by richclan, 29 September 2005 - 03:06 PM.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
People often do a disk copy to another dive and then say it dose not work, it is because the drive letter is wrong most of the time. But you can never be sure.
I would say it is better to use a disk imaging program like Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost 9, both make a backup file which is good because it can be burnt to a CD or DVD and is not going to get corrupt or deleted or the drive is not going to die. They are not free but are very good programs.

If it realy is the page file which I doubt read This

Edited by Michael Buckley, 02 October 2005 - 09:11 PM.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Two good rules when doing disk copies, i.e. imaging a disk to another, is to defrag first and always use a larger disk to copy to. If the new disk was Western Digital then Data Lifeguard should have worked fine, one thing is if the two disks have different geometries the wrong software may not write a proper master boot record for the new disk. You might just try repairing the MBR.

richclan

richclan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
Thanks guys

The disks are identical in every way except SN# I recall a program that was maybe called file copy 2000 ever hear of it?

I cant remember how to do the MBR repair :tazz: Can you walk me through it?

And lastly this hard drive has activity 24/7 even when it isn't used I cant find anything open causing usage. in task mgr. processes svchost explorer and vsmon are using 01-03 cpu's :)