Cannot install this hardware
An error occured during the installation of this device:
The driver installation file for this device is missing a
necessary entry.This may be because the INF file was written
for Windows 95 or later. Contact your Hardware vendor.
What a complete waste of time. I'm puzzled by the Win 95 or later reference as I'm running xp.
Logitech asked me to do the following:
1. Unplug the camera.
2. Create a Temp folder at C:\Temp
3. Navigate to C:\Windows\i386
4. Copy 'expand.exe' to C:\Temp
5. Copy 'usb.in_' to C:\Temp
6. Copy 'wdma_usb.in_' to C:\Temp
7. Click Start -> Run -> CMD
8. Type: CD9. Press ENTER
10. Type: cd temp
11. Press ENTER
12. Type: expand -r usb.in_
13. Press ENTER
14. Type: expand -r wdma_usb.in_
15. Press ENTER
16. Type: exit
17. Press ENTER
18. Click Start -> Run -> regedit
19. Navigate in the windows registry to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB
20. Delete any keys that begin with: VID_046D
NOTE: If you receive a message that says Access is Denied, right-click on the USB folder and choose Permissions. Under Permissions, toward the bottom put a checkmark under 'Allow' for Full Control. Then click OK.
21. After deleting the VID_046D registry keys, close the Windows Registry.
22. Restart the computer.
23. After restart, plug in the camera and follow the connection wizards.
BUT....Step 8 returns a message of CD9 in not a recognized internal or external command.
If anyone can help , It would be greatly appreciated. Barring a solution to the current hardware, Anyone running an SiS chipset with a functional Webcam....could you please tell me what brand and model