Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Few questions on...

• Please log in to reply

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
I just looked back and some people are saying there is a ISP History and some are say there isn't??

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Your ISP has to have logs of your activity, because all your internet connections are routed through them. It is not likely they or anyone else will examine these logs without a court order. Meanwhile, every ISP (webhost) of every site you have ever visited has your IP address and so does every server in between that was used to make the connection. Again, these records would not be casually obtained. The webmaster of the site you visited can usually tell what pages you visited, what site you came from, what your browser and OS is, your screen resolution, how long you spent on each page, and what you clicked on while you there. Bottom line: never assume anything on the internet is private or anonymous, but it is possible to be discreet.

Johanna

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
But can I look back at what happened? Like can the call them ask them to mail mne all the sites ever visited?

PS: Them means my ISP!

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
no a firewall log traffic will come to closest to what has been sent to your ipp

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Thanks CleverBoy but I hate to say this but here we go again! Your saying something completey different to the member before...You cant look back at my ISP HIstory?

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Oh Sorry I was i little confused in explaining.

You cant ask your ISP to email you with YOUR internet History Logs. The closest you can come to see what gets sent to your ISP is the :

Traffic Logs in you Firewall.

Does That Make It A Little Clearer ? :tazz:

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
THANK YOU! Now I get it! So thats me my uncle wont get me? Im safe?? Well my past is behind me!

Thank You!

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
'Traffic Logs in you Firewall'

I do know thats all the programs and computers trying to get into your computer all outgoing and incoming connections but why does it store that?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Because a firewall's job is to monitor activity between the PC and the Internet?

Johanna

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Oh okay I just have more question if you cant look at you ISP History what is the point of having one?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
because if you are doing something illegal..and you completely destroy your computer...the fbi has to have something to look at...plus....it's almost impossible not to have some form of history....it's how the internet works

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Oh Yeah good point! So I cant look at my ISP History!

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Hi Game_Freak

What browser do you use for surfing the internet?

Best regards,

EMCguy

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
IE and Firefox

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Hi, Game_Freak

Do you know how to check your browser history in IE and Firefox?

Best regards,

EMCguy