Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MediaPipe and spyware

• Please log in to reply

Leeca1

Leeca1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, my problem is that my boyfriend recently signed up for a supposedly "free" trial of a software program called MediaPipe. Now, somehow they managed to charge $80 to my credit card for a month of service, but I am getting payment reminders that pop up every time I connect to the internet, and when I try to close the window it says "please wait" and then it never closes until I shut down my computer. In addition to MediaPipe, I haveother random [bleep] popups that come up through Internet Explorer. I have tried everything to get rid of these - I scanned my computer with Norton Anti-Virus and Spybot, cleared cookies and cache, searched my computer for all related files and deleted them, but still the popups persist. When I tried to uninstall MediaPipe, it didn't even show the program being on my computer. I have probably spent a good 10 hours just over the last week trying to get rid of these things and I have not accomplished anything. Hopefully someone is familiar with this program or others like it, and maybe you have an idea that I haven't already tried. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Advertisements