Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSoD caused by wireless internet, pls help!

• Please log in to reply

bobthejanitor7

bobthejanitor7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Myself and a few of my friends are all having the same problem right now with our laptops. We all have windows XP and we have deduced that the problem is triggered by internet access. Basically what happens is that the computer has a system error but it flashes too quickly for anything to be read, then the computer restarts. It loads windows and flashes the BSoD right as the XP loading bar finishes. This restarting continously cycles unless a person intervenes and either turns it off and starts windows in safe mode. What we were able to figure out though is that this problem is avoidable if the wireless internet button is turned off. If we try and connect to the internet at this time it starts the cycle again. I have no idea what i can do considering i cant update my virus scanner but maybe i can find the file and delete and i would greatly appreciate some help in doing so. We have all done virus scans with various software and have detected nothing. Also, my brother has told me he heard of some virus that was messing with the news stations that sounded similar to this but i couldnt find anything on it. Oh by the way, I am using a friends computer that is not infected.
Thanks and i hope this problem can be easily solved. :tazz:

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go bobthejanitor7
I am not very good with this kind of thing but I can make it easier for some one to help you, Read This and do what is says in safe mode, now instead of restarting, it will give you a STOP* error, post it here it will be used to work out what is wrong with your computer. There is a list of the common errors and how to fix them Here

Edited by Michael Buckley, 29 September 2005 - 12:43 AM.