Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freezing on startup

• Please log in to reply

Soulwolf_2

Soulwolf_2

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I start up my windows xp and when I log to my account, I get to my desktop and when the comp is done loading, (not alot to load, all I have in start up in my Anti-virus) I try to click a program or do any action at all, my comp freezes for a long time, like a minute or more, then it resumes back to normal and I can do continue to do what I need to do, also at times after its done freezing it gets choppy like my comp stutters every few seconds, and its very breif but noticable, is there anyway to fix this? I got tons of crap on my comp to, so to me, reformat is a bad word... It haunts me in my dreams... so obviously its not an option, if anyone can help with my comp problem ill greatly apreciate it, thanks.

PS. I already scaned for anti-virus and took off system restore so the virus was not backed up, and scanned 2 more times and nothing was left, and I used 2 spyware programs to get rid of them so I dont know whats the problem here...

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go.

Please read this post: http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

And post your log here:
http://www.geekstogo...hp?showforum=37

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

Soulwolf_2