Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

need enlightenment

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
wondering if anyone can help me. many of my games appear to dark to be playable. i solved some of this problemby by turning up the brightness contrast etc on the graphics cards options (9800 pro). this revloved some games ie guildwars. but not hl2, fable. i have also turned both the brightness up on the in game options and on the moniter its self. still no joy. thnx

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
There could ba any number of probs man, everything from your Processor (yes, your processor) to Vid card, to the monitor itself. without sitting in front of it, it'd be tough for any of us to diagnose. If you have a spare monitor, or vid card, try subbing those in and see if the picture is better. Only advise I can give ya on that one :tazz:

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello thegame1712!

I had the same problem with my old computer it turned out to be my ageing Compaq V70 monitor.
To eliminate the monitor being at fault i'd borrow a monitor from a friend or from work.