Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Infected with something

• Please log in to reply

loligino

loligino

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello- I just posted this in the XP forum and was referred here.

I either had or downloaded all of the programs listed in the Malware preparation page but none of them will run. help!

should I try to run and then post a HijackThis log?

previous post:
http://www.geekstogo...79

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

loligino

loligino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello again- unfortunately, although I can download HijackThis, I get the same "Windows cannot open this file" error when trying to open it.

Is there anything else I can do? I got my XP and Office software as a grad student from my program, just finished and can't afford new software right now.

Thanks, Lyn

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Can you download hijack this on a disc on another computer and open it up on the infected one. Please rename it. That may help.