Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

taskbar disappeared

• Please log in to reply

bigdan

bigdan

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
i did a control alt del and closed a lot of running processes, including explorer. since then i cant get the taskbar back, or any of the icons on the desktop. i cant figure out how to shut down so i just pressed the power button, but even after restarting that way i cant get anything back. what do i do?

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Try Ctrl+Alt+Del and click File/New Task and then type Explorer.exe

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
If what pi said doesn't solve your problem, try a windows repair.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Do you have any other accounts on your computer? If so, try one and see if it has the same problem. You may just have to make a new account if yours is corrupted.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
HI bigdan...Welcome the G2G!

I think Pi rules is on the right track here...Boot into Safe Mode and see if your taskbar appears there. If it does, my first thought would be a corrupt user account. There is a good guide for resolving this issue in this Microsoft Article.

If your taskbar is NOT present in Safe Mode, pleasse poat back...we may require a little more information from you to proceed.

wannabe1